If you are passionate about our cause then you are welcome to come and join us. The more the merrier. A couple of things you might want to know. Given all our backgrounds our NGO runs more like a Corporate than an NGO which means we are all into it as a serious business. There are deadlines, pressure to deliver and exacting standards of delivery. If after hearing this you are game so are we.
If you are a little doubtful whether you would be able to consistently spare the time there are many other ways you could contribute all of which are equally key to the mission. You could volunteer, you could donate, and you could evangelize our cause or drop in once in a while and teach for the simple pleasures of seeing a gleam in the eye of a child you would not have seen before.
Needless to mention the model that we are following needs a lot of investment in IT hardware and all of these costs. We have to go for the sturdiest of notebooks and insist on a long period of warranty given that the notebooks are used in environments which can’t be called computer friendly. The schools that we are in currently are in the middle of a large piece of land surrounded by construction material lying all around it. And temperature in the tin shed go up to 50 degrees in peak summers. Secondly in order to keep the operations as professional as possible we have hired trainers on a paid basis to teach children so that commitment to the initiative can be ensured with certain amount of authority. For all these expenses we need funds on a regular basis. We are looking at a model where people could contribute regularly to the cause and thus stay engaged as well.
You could donate by –
- Sending us post dated cheques in favour of “Computer Shiksha” at G 576, Florence Homes, Sushant Lok II, Sector 57,Gurgaon 122011, Haryana, India
- Setting up an electronic transfer to our bank account. Send us an e-mail and we could send you the details.
A couple of things to remember –
- In either case please remember to share your PAN details and your address. We will send you a receipt and you could claim IT exemption because we are a Section 80 G certified institution.
- If you are not an Indian citizen we shall have to say “Thank You! Later”. This is because we do not have an FCRA approval, something we can apply for accepting foreign exchange only after 36 months of operation.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of Computer Shiksha. They raise the level of the computer lessons to a different level altogether, raise vital funds and evangelize our cause. Without them, we simply would not be able to deliver our services, which help hundreds of children become computer literate every year. Anyone can volunteer. It doesn’t matter what your skills, experience or background are, or how much time you have to give. Even if you only have a couple of hours a week to spare, we’ll have something to suit you. Send us an e-mail and your phone numbers – we will get in touch with you and tell you how you could help. You could choose from
- Raise funds
- Teach computers
- Design course material
- Manage accounts & other administrative chores
- Co-ordinate events
Get us corporate sponsorships
Subscribe to our newsletter
Ask people to send e-mail to an id